The next training will be with the new Rating System, soon to be announced.
If you are already an Advisor: we are looking for Advisors to cover the following areas:
Toronto GTA, Ottawa, Peterborough
To be considered as a candidate for our energy advisor training program you must possess knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Construction Practices for existing low-rise housing,
- Energy-efficient renovation practices,
- Residential building materials,
- Residential heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems,
- Building science including the principles of the ‘house as a system’,
- Basic arithmetic and geometry,
- Use of a computer, the internet and email
- Excellent client relations
Please forward your resume and cover letter and why you want to be an energy advisor to email@example.com
If you are selected as a qualified candidate, our training program is a month long training program consisting of the following:
- Week 1 -> 4 Day Intensive Course
- Week 2 -> Field placement with an experienced Energy Advisor
- Week 3 -> 2 Day In-Class Review Session and Online Examination (administered by Natural Resources Canada)
- Week 4 -> Completion of Five solo energy audits and Two Supervised Energy Audits
At the end of the training program you are well on your way to becoming a certified Energy Advisor (pending a passing grade on the on-line examination). Once you are certified you will be closely monitored while you gain experience, after which you will be audited on a regular basis to ensure consistency of delivery of the program.
- Blower Door
- Color Printer
- Digital Camera
- Step Ladder
Please note that as a certified Energy Advisor you will require insurance coverage which includes $2M liability and $2m errors and omissions. You will also need to register with your local Worker’s Comp Board, for example, WorkSafe BC in British Columbia.
If you are already an Energy Advisor
We are always looking for qualified energy advisors to join our team. Contact us.